Science Technology, Math and Engineering: the future of america
EQ: How best can an organization like FIRST keep students K-12 interested STEM?

Friday, January 31, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

Content:

1. Positive Statement

I thought my activities were well thought out and they had the entire class immersed. I also made sure to tie everything back to the EQ and my answer and i thought that worked out well.

2. Questions to Consider
       a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?

       AE       P          AP       CR       NC

       b.     Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.
I met all the P Requirements first of all. One of the things i think i did really well on was engaging the audience. My hook activity made everybody pull out their phones and send in messages that the whole class could see and it became a fun little game. For my activity, i also set everybody in groups and made them engage in the activity by creating a competition which enticed them to work together on creating balloon cars to race against one another. For the Audience Involvement criteria, i firmly believe that i was able to backup my EQ with my activity and the hook really caught their attention and held a bit of depth in their mind.

3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?
I had a nice and cohesive presentation that tied in well with my activities. My presentation looked good and i made time. My activity was also very interactive and it made for a good followup to my EQ answer.
4.  (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?
I wasn't as rehearsed as i wish i had been and also the time for my activity was shorter than i anticipated. Some of the stuff i wanted to same didn't come out as eloquently as i had planned and thats mainly because i was just running through the whole presentation for the first time.

5. Finding Value
What do you think your answer #2 is going to be?  
Answer 2 is going to involve the multi-level STEM program progression, or basically how the multiple levels of STEM programs provides good interest in STEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment