Science Technology, Math and Engineering: the future of america
EQ: How best can an organization like FIRST keep students K-12 interested STEM?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Blog 4: Interview Preparation

1.  Who do you plan to interview?  Why?

I plan to interview Taylor Halsey, a senior engineering major at Cal Poly Pomona. I recently decided to change my final topic to one that will be most beneficial to me and my senior year. I chose robotics for my topic. I did not choose to interview Taylor but when i asked the robotics team who would be suit being a possible mentor for me, she was recommended. They recommended I interview her because she is a senior on the topic, she is knowledgeable on the topic and she had volunteered to be one of the teams mentors already which made it not much more work for her which I had to take into consideration.

2.  You have to ask 5 questions.  What additional questions do you plan to ask?  Ask open-ended questions.  What are open-ended questions? Click here! If that doesn't help, try this one.  Click here!



  1. What sort of work do you prefer doing in this field and why?
  2. From your work experience, what sort of qualities seem most necessary in working with robotics?
  3. What can i expect through working on a topic like this?
  4. What kinda classes did you take to become a part of this program and become a mentor?
  5. Describe an average day involving programs like this.
  6. What was your most memorable event while working with robots or a team?
  7. What aspect of robotics drew you into this field and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment