Science Technology, Math and Engineering: the future of america
EQ: How best can an organization like FIRST keep students K-12 interested STEM?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Final Topic

Good news! I finally decided on my final topic that I follow through with until the rest of the year. My topic is robotics. I went through many different topics before i finally came to rest on this one. The first topic i had was computer repair, after that it was interior design which is completely different. After that didn't pan out, i decided to go into wildlife management and hopefully find somebody who could mentor me. While waiting for people to respond to phone calls and emails, i received a call from someone who said they were part of a robotics team and they asked me if i was still willing to join. I remembered afterward that i had signed up to be contacted to join a robotics team sometime during junior year. I decided that if i was going to invest my time into an extracurricular, i could also use that to my benefit and make it into my senior project. Also, robots are cool so why not make an awesome senior project out of it. So all in all, it took me 4 different attempts to finally find a working senior topic and mentor.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/489098247844023/
{Here is the facebook page for the robotics group}

No comments:

Post a Comment