Science Technology, Math and Engineering: the future of america
EQ: How best can an organization like FIRST keep students K-12 interested STEM?

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Mentorship Component

Literal:  

1. (Know) Using google doc, link a log of specific hours and a description of your duties




2. What is the contact name & number of where you volunteered? 
            Name: Mike La
      Place of mentorship: Kavio Collections
      Phone number: 1(626)673-0610
      
3. (Need to know) What questions were raised because of the 10 hours of experience?  List them.

     ·   What kinds of skills are required to work at a job like this?
·   Are there certain classes that are necessary to take for a job in IT?
·   Are there better places where I can be mentored?
·   Is this job something I can see myself doing?
·   Will the topic I have even relate to this mentorship when I finally decide on my final specific EQ?
·   What if my EQ doesn’t even use what I learned here?
·   Why am I doing this?

Interpretive

4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?



1.    The most important thing I learned from this experience was stunning reality of work. My main focus when choosing my mentor was to find someone who was close to me or was easily accessible and did a job that was related to my senior project. I mentored with the tech guy at my father’s workplace and what I really learned was what kind of work they do. I learned about waking up early and working 8 hours a day but I also learned about the job and the main computer knowledge as well.

Applied
 
5. How did what you did help you choose a topic?  Please explain.

1.     The mentorship I did still has not helped me choose a specific topic. I think that the most important factors to consider when choosing a topic have to do with how it can be researched, taught, and the availability of mentors. When the time comes to choose a topic, I will take all these factors into consideration plus all the work I did with my summer mentor as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment